Maria Paradelo Mater Award
2022 maria paradelo mater nominationsNominations due by Sunday, August 14, 2022.
The Maria Paradelo Mater Ward was initiated and given in 2006. The purpose of the award is to recognize and alumna who has displayed the atributes of Mater throughout her adult life, despite full immersion in the secular world.
Criteria for the Maria Paradelo Mater Award:
- Personal and active faith in God
- Deep respect for intellectual values
- Continued mission of Mater into adult life
The Alumnae Board chooses the recipient from each year's nominations and the recipient is awarded in October each year at the Annual Alumnae Liturgy.
Past honorees include:
2006 Maria Paradelo Friguls, '68
2014 Elena Bosquet Galbis, '64
2015 Janice Breaux Fox, '65
2016 Margaret Rucks, '74
2017 Elizabeth "Zabette" Lemann Ortte, '74
2018 Linda Emmick Bradford, '68
2019 Jan Voorhies Spizale, '70
2021 Mary Charlene Jones Rhodes, '78
Trés Bien Award
Nominations due by Sunday, August 14, 2022.
Each year, the Alumnae of the Academy of the Sacred Heart have the privilege of nominating a fellow graduate for the Trés Bien Award. This award, established in 1994, is awarded to an outstanding alumna who meets the following criteria.
Criteria for the Trés Bien Award:
- A graduate of a Sacred Heart school
- A woman of faith
- A volunteer who currently gives or has given recent service to Coteau
- A Woman committed to the values of the Sacred Heart
- A woman who has concern for the development of others
The Alumnae Board chooses the recipient from among each year's nominations and the recipient is awarded in October each year at the Annual Alumnae Liturgy.